1. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
Police Reports are available from the records room M-F, 8:00am to 4:00pm. If you cannot come to the department between those hours, contact the records room at 203-723-4479 and they can make arrangements to have your report left out for after hours pickup.
2. How do I obtain a pistol permit?
Applications for a pistol permit are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the front desk.
3. How can I have my finger prints taken?
Fingerprints for gun permits, background checks, and employment are conducted on the following days:
- 9 AM to 12 PM
11 AM to 2 PM
There is a $5.00 charge for fingerprints.
4. How do I obtain a vendors permit?
Applications for a vendor's permit are available at the records room M-F, 8:00am to 4:00pm. Also, click here
for further information.
5. How can I report a crime / incident?
All complaints and reports of crimes must be made in person at this time. Please call 911 if an emergency exists or 203-729-5222 for general complaints. Complaints can also be made in person at the Naugatuck Police Department.
6. How do I make a bad check complaint?
Complaints of bad checks valued under $100 are not criminally prosecuted at this time. Bad checks under $100 are prosecuted in civil court. For complaints valued over $100 please have the following information available when contacting the police.
- Certified letter sent to the account holder (return receipt requested) demanding restitution be made with 10 days. Please have a copy of the letter and the return receipt from the mailing.
- Original check indicating status of the account.
7. How do I register my residential/business/commercial alarm?
Please fill out the form provided (click here
) and forward to the Naugatuck Police Department.
8. How do I contest a parking ticket?
Please contact the Mayors Aide at 203-720-7000 for instructions on how to contest a parking ticket.
9. How do I make a complaint against an officer?
To make a complaint against an officer either call the police department at 203-729-5222 or follow the supplied instructions by clicking here.
10. How can I formally commend an officer?
To recommend an officer for meritorious service either call the police department at 203-729-5222 or follow the supplied instructions by clicking here
11. How do I contact an animal control officer?
The animal control officer can be reached at 203-729-4324.
12. How can I become a Naugatuck Police Officer?
Applications to become a Naugatuck Police Officer can be found on the Borough of Naugatuck's Website, or can be obtained in person at Town Hall, Basement Level in the Human Resources Department.