1. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
Police Reports are available from the records room M-F, 8:00am to 4:00pm. If you cannot come to the department between those hours, contact the records room at 203-723-4479 and they can make arrangements to have your report left out for after hours pickup.
2. How do I obtain a pistol permit?
Applications for a pistol permit are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the front desk.
3. How can I have my finger prints taken?
Fingerprints for gun permits, background checks, and employment are conducted according to the NPD Fingerprinting schedule which can be located on our Web Site in the "DIVISION" tab / "Administration" Section and scroll down to the "Training Division" / "Fingerprinting" Section;
ADMINISTRATION Tab - Fingerprints Schedule (Days & Times)
4. How do I obtain a vendors permit?
Applications for a vendor's permit are available at the records room M-F, 8:00am to 4:00pm. Also, click here
for further information.
5. How can I report a crime / incident?
All complaints and reports of crimes must be made in person at this time. Please call 911 if an emergency exists or 203-729-5222 for general complaints. Complaints can also be made in person at the Naugatuck Police Department.
6. How do I make a bad check complaint?
Complaints of bad checks valued under $100 are not criminally prosecuted at this time. Bad checks under $100 are prosecuted in civil court. For complaints valued over $100 please have the following information available when contacting the police.
- Certified letter sent to the account holder (return receipt requested) demanding restitution be made with 10 days. Please have a copy of the letter and the return receipt from the mailing.
- Original check indicating status of the account.
7. How do I register my residential/business/commercial alarm?
Please fill out the form provided (click here
) and forward to the Naugatuck Police Department.
8. How do I contest a parking ticket?
Please contact the Mayors Aide at 203-720-7000 for instructions on how to contest a parking ticket.
9. How do I make a complaint against an officer?
To make a complaint against an officer either call the police department at 203-729-5222 or follow the supplied instructions by clicking here.
10. How can I formally commend an officer?
To recommend an officer for meritorious service either call the police department at 203-729-5222 or follow the supplied instructions by clicking here
11. How do I contact an animal control officer?
The animal control officer can be reached at 203-729-4324.
12. How can I become a Naugatuck Police Officer?
Applications to become a Naugatuck Police Officer can be found on the Borough of Naugatuck's Website, or can be obtained in person at Town Hall, Basement Level in the Human Resources Department.