The following was sent to us by Verizon Mobile concerning Tips to stay
connected during extreme weather such as todays snow fall combined with
high winds. Please read and feel free to share this information!
Significant snowfall can affect your ability to get out and about, can
cause property damage, and in many cases can cause power outages.
Whether we get two inches or two feet of snow, the Verizon network is
Tips for staying connected during extreme weather.
• Store phones, tablets, batteries, chargers and other equipment in a
dry, accessible location. Simple zip-lock storage bags will shield
devices, and there are many weatherproof phones, cases and other
protective accessories available.
• Keep phone and tablet batteries fully charged starting today in case local power is lost.
• Review the winter storm checklist and power outage checklist from the American Red Cross.
• Have additional charged batteries and car-charger adapters available for backup power.
• Maintain a list of emergency numbers – police and fire departments;
power and insurance companies; family, friends and co-workers; etc. –
and program them into your wireless devices before an emergency arises.
• Use your tablet to photograph and catalog your valuables and other household belongings for possible insurance claims.
• Choose from hundreds of free weather-, news- and safety-related apps
and services for smartphones and tablets, the American Red Cross app,
Weather: Universal Forecast, The Weather Channel, Weather Underground,
and NOAA Now and other mobile resources from the National Oceanic and
How to get help.
Wireless customers can use the My Verizon app or call *611.
Residential customers can report issues, receive alerts, request repair
and find helpful FAQs online, call 1-800-VERIZON or use the In-Home
Agent application to diagnose and fix problems. The My Fios app can be
used for additional support through cell phones and the Fios Mobile app
can be used to watch TV programs including newscasts.
business customers can learn more at Verizon. Medium business and
enterprise customers should contact their regular customer service
centers or account teams, as needed. Enterprise customers can also
access the Enterprise Center.
Share with your friends and family on social media.